deBridge is a secure interoperability layer for Web3 that enables decentralized transfers of arbitrary messages and value between various blockchains. The validation of cross-chain transactions is performed by a network of independent validators who are elected by and work for deBridge governance. Validators maintain the blockchain infrastructure and each run a deBridge node to sign all transactions that pass through deBridge smart contracts in different blockchains.
Delegated staking and slashing mechanics act as a backbone for protocol security and provide economic disincentives for validators to collude.
The deBridge protocol is an infrastructure platform and a framework for:
- decentralized transfer of arbitrary data and assets
- cross-chain interoperability and composability of smart contracts
- cross-chain swaps
- interoperability and bridging of NFTs
Projects can integrate with deBridge infrastructure to tap into the various cross-chain opportunities that we enable. These can for instance be:
- Build own custom bridges for assets and NFTs preserving custom NFT logic (e.g. breeding)
- Enable users from other blockchain ecosystems interact with their protocol (enable global accessibility)
- Scale up their protocol to other chains and exchange commands/messages between components of their protocol
- Make their protocol composable with protocols from other ecosystems
- Build new types of cross-chain applications and primitives
- Enable global accessibility by letting users and protocols from other chains seamlessly interact with the protocol
Our Getting started guide is a great starting point that covers all topics needed to start building cross-chain interactions through the deBridge protocol and its infrastructure.
The deBridge protocol will be controlled by a DAO with decentralized governance which allows all token holders to participate in future growth, have a word in the future decisions regarding protocol parameters, and participate in treasury management.
deBridge commenced in April 2021 during the Chainlink Global Hackathon with the ambition of solving the urgent problem of transferring assets and data between blockchains, and by creating the first single decentralized standard for bridging assets. The project was awarded the Grand Prize and took first place among more than 140 teams worldwide.
Resources: Website https://debridge.finance/ Chainlink Hackathon Winner Announcement: https://youtu.be/8hdoTeT-rTA?t=2974 Chainlink Blog Post: https://blog.chain.link/congratulations-to-the-spring-2021-chainlink-virtual-hackathon-winners/
Social: Twitter: https://twitter.com/DebridgeFinance Discord: https://discord.com/invite/debridge Telegram: https://t.me/deBridge_Finance Telegram Announcements: https://t.me/deBridge_news Medium: https://debridge.medium.com/ Github: https://github.com/debridge-finance LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/debridge-finance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deBridgeFinance